Relish What You Eat!!

Recipes, Cooking & Baking, Oh My!!!
This is a blog dedicated to my love of cooking & baking! Come on in! There's something for everyone!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Zen Stir Fry: It will Feng Shui your Palette!


I love stir fry's. But, I got tired of the overly salted, bizarre bought bottled sauces that were flavors I couldn't identify. What is a girl to do? Make her own simple sauce of course! This stir fry is easy, and I mean EASY, and has a little bite for those of you who like the noodle house flare to thier veggies! (The sauce can be used with Ramen noodles as well for a spicy noodle treat. Yum!) It doesn't take a fortune cookie to tell you this is one meal you won't wok out on!! ;)
1 bag oriental frozen veggies (you know the peas, carrots, mini corn ones or your fav)
1 1/2 cups chicken, shrimp or beef (or omit for a yummy veggie one)
(Double the sauce amounts if adding a meat to it. The amounts given are for NO meat)
2 tsp honey
1 tsp ground red pepper flakes**
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder or chopped or jarred
Add a little water to a pan you spray with Pam. Dump in the veggies and steam them. (Or, cheat like me and microwave them for three minutes to get the frost off, and then transfer to pan. What? So, I use short cuts? So what? ;)
Add all the sauce ingredients and simmer on lower-medium heat until the veggies are done.
For the Ramen version, make noodles and drain off liquid (you don't have to use the little sauce pak thingy) then add the saucde ingredeints and cook a few minuted to melt and mix flavors. Enjoy
**I use a mortar and pestle to grind it, but a coffee grinder would work well. Or, buy it pre-ground. It's all good :)

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! This looks DELICIOUS!!! I'm going to try this sometime, what a great recipe!! :)
    PS - Are you taking all these photographs yourself?! You're really good at capturing the essence of delicious looking food!!! *5 Stars*

    ReplyDelete