Relish What You Eat!!

Recipes, Cooking & Baking, Oh My!!!
This is a blog dedicated to my love of cooking & baking! Come on in! There's something for everyone!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Lemon Balm Tea Cookies!! Come have a Lookie!!


All right, I'll admit it. I've developed an addiction to Lemon Balm. I love it as a tea, and now these citrusy little tea cookies are so superb, they make me want to shout Hip Hip Herb-ray!!


Lemon Balm is a wonderful citrusy herb that's related to mint. It boasts many health properties including a soothing sleep inducer, a calming relaxant and a purifier. It is simple to grow in your back yard, and thrives in sun with a little afternoon shade.



Steep a tea ball of it to go with these cookies.


**********************************************
1 1/2 cups flour

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup margerine **

1 tsp white vanilla

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 egg

1 tsp lemon juice

1 tbsp grated orange or lemon rind

1 tbsp chopped lemon balm



**********************************************


Cream sugar, margerine, egg and vanilla and mix. Add in juice, rind and balm. Add powder and flour and mix. Drop by teaspoon onto airbake pan and bake 350 F for 10-14 minutes (oven depending.) Use 375 F for crisper cookies, but watch your heat. Let cool on pan and then transfer to plate (or mouth :)


**********************************************


** I used light Becel for these and they worked. For those of you who have tried to bake with light margerine, you can understand my shock here :)

1 comment: